The Waldorf Faire & Artisan Market
Saturday, November 23, 2019 — 10 am to 5 pm
Our Annual Waldorf Faire is a warm, festive and family oriented occasion that is well attended by adults and children alike. The adults will find a fabulous selection of unique artisans in our Artisan Market and for the children, we have heartwarming crafts and activities. Wholesome soups and sandwiches are available to purchase in our Café, as well as a wonderful selection of desserts and baked treats.
The Waldorf Faire is a special day for our school as both a fundraiser and a celebration of community spirit and family fun.
Join Us For
- Children’s Activities from 10 am to 4 pm*
- Scrumptious Homemade Food
- A Market full of Beautiful Handcrafted Artisans’ Wares
- Admission $2 and Free for Children under 15
- Children’s Activity Tickets available for purchase at the Faire, cash-only please
- We do not have an ATM onsite
For more Information call 403-287-1868
The Calgary Waldorf School is accepting applications from artisans to participate in our 35th Annual Waldorf Faire to be held on Saturday, November 23, 2019, from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Artisan Application for The 2018 Waldorf Faire please click HERE
Our goals for the Artisan Market are to provide our families and friends with a place to acquire original art and quality handmade items and gifts. We also want to offer new and local artisans the opportunity to showcase and sell their works of art.
In order to ensure the integrity and originality of the Waldorf Faire each artisan must exhibit the following qualities:
- Work is original and is made by the artisan (no imported or mass-produced products)
- Work is of the highest quality and presented in an appealing way
- Work is unique, not readily available in Calgary and contributes to the overall exhibition balance
- For returning artisans, work must evolve and change
Each year we carefully accept artisans based on the criteria above. We also place limits on the different categories of art accepted to create balance and avoid repetition.
If you are interested in participating, we ask that you submit the attached application by May 15, 2019.
Applications received by the deadline will be responded to by June 15th. Applications received after the deadline will be reviewed and responded to in the fall dependent on available space.
We look forward to receiving your application! We also encourage you to pass applications onto other artisans who you think may be interested in experiencing the Waldorf Faire.