OUR SCHOOL Our School...Celebrating 30 Years of Waldorf Education in Calgary!
Founded in 1985, the Calgary Waldorf School is a Full Member, Accredited School of AWSNA (the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America) and of WECAN (the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America). Our school offers a holistic and unique Parent-and-Tot program, Preschool and Kindergarten, and Grades One through Nine.
International Community with a Rich History
The Calgary Waldorf School is part of a rapidly growing international community of more than 900 Waldorf schools that embrace a common philosophy, inspired approach and classical curriculum.
The Waldorf approach:
- nurtures the imagination while educating the mind
- develops flexible intellects capable of problem-solving in diverse activities
- enhances children's artistic as well as cognitive talents
- honours the unique temperaments of each child
- provides a loving atmosphere that embraces the spiritual core of all life and activity
The Calgary Waldorf School provides an extraordinary learning environment, integrating the arts and academics to foster imagination and independent thinking in all students.
Please check our website for upcoming school tours, events, or request an application package.
Read more about our vision of education, mission as a school and statement of beliefs.
Experience Waldorf in person or Learn more about our programs...